He wears a paint can on his head.
|Weapon Types||Handgun / Six Shooter|
|Armor Types||Accessory / Paint Can / Poncho / Shawl|
|Lock Equip Head|
|Slot Type: Dual Wield|
Buckets is a character found around the Roulette Building. He forces himself into Brads party after winning ten rounds of Roulette.
Background[edit | edit source]
Fighting Art: Pistoleer
Past Occupation Nomad
Favorite Food: None
Most Hated Thing: Security & Comfort
Appearance and Personality[edit | edit source]
Buckets is a very enigmatic man, with a red coat and a Paint Can over his head. He seems to have very high skills with pistols and has a history with gambling.
How to invite to party[edit | edit source]
To get back there, head west from Area 2 and jump down the cliff to the west. You will take no fall damage. Once in the cave, head up and to the west and you will be back at the Roulette Building.
Once entering the area, the building is to the left. Buckets can be seen on the building and will become able to be invited after entering the Roulette Building. Once inside, Brad can pay 50 mags to take part in Russian Roulette. Each victory will multiply the gains from the Roulette, resulting in 600 mags and the Sunsetter, which is arguably the most useful gun-based weapon in the game.
Once this has been won 10 times, Buckets will appear on the bridge to the right on the building and will force himself into Brad's party.
Battle[edit | edit source]
Buckets fights with two guns (akimbo guns), and is the only party member in the game to actually have two different weapon slots on his equipment screen. Because of this Buckets is capable of dealing devastating amounts of damage to his enemies. Bullet Tap is a very powerful multi-hit skill that he starts out with by default, and Heads or Tails (despite having a 50% success rate) proves to deal massive damage.
Buckets has rather below average health and one weak stun move, but Buckets' main drawback is that he suffers from Joy withdrawal every now and then, which greatly hinders his attack power. Not only that, but even if Buckets were to take joy it doesn't seem to affect the damage output from his skills, but instead just brings his attack power back to normal.
Skills[edit | edit source]
|Skill Name||Description||Level Learned||MP Cost|
|Coin Flick||A bold move. Scares opponents.||5||10|
|Bullet Tap||A series of shots to the body.||10||15|
|Clip Dump||Unload a clip into your enemy.||15||15|
|Bullet Shuffle||An array of bullets sent flying.||20||20|
|Bullet Tornado||A tornado of bullets.||21||35|
|Bullet Dance||An array of bullets sent flying.||22||30|
|Heads or Tails||A fate deciding coin toss... 50/50 chance of success.||23||30|
|Bullet Ballet||An array of bullets sent flying.||24||40|
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Battle Quotes[edit | edit source]
Win Quotes[edit | edit source]
Level Quotes[edit | edit source]
Drop Quotes[edit | edit source]
Default Equipment[edit | edit source]
Art[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To recruit Buckets easily without losing any party members, use "Save Scum" by resetting when the companion you gamble dies. This can't be done in Pain Mode for obvious reasons. However, if you properly manage your Save Crows throughout Pain Mode, you can simply try to win two or more rounds and go to an unused Save Crow. Do that 4 more times and you'll get Buckets safely with your party members alive.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Buckets has his own Roulette sprite, but it's impossible to see in-game, because you cannot play the roulette after killing all opponents and then Buckets joins you. (Unless you hack the game and put Buckets in your team)
- Austin claims that Bucket's sprites were the hardest to draw 
- Buckets has two scars on each arms underneath his shirt and scarf.
- Buckets possibly has Cyclopia. (CW: disturbing imagery). But due to those born with Cyclopia dying with a few days/hours and Lisa's art-style, Buckets likely has two eyes, it's just his bucket is weird and odd, true to Bucket's enigmatic character.
- Buckets is rarely used like Buffalo or Crisp, due to people not wanting to partake in russian roulette again.
- In fact according to the game's global steam achievements Buckets is the least recruited party member, as only 7.7% have the achievement you get when you recruit him. With Clint being more recruited then him at 9.0%.
References[edit | edit source]
|Brad Armstrong • Rando • Buzzo • Buddy • Lisa • Marty Armstrong|
|Terry Hintz • Crisp Ladaddy • RT • Rooster Coleman • Olan Hoyt • Nern Guan • Rage Ironhead • Percy Monsoon • Mad Dog • Shocklord • Fardy Hernandez • Queen Roger • Carp • Harvey Alibastor • Clint Olympic • Buckets • Buffalo Van Dyke • Tiger Man • Ollie Nickels • Geese Thompson • Dick Dickson • Jack • Sonny Backluwitz • Yazan Barghouti • Beastborn • Fly Minetti • Ajeet Mandeep • Garth • Bo Wyatt • Birdie Hall|
|Dr. Yado • Richard "Rick" Weeks • Tony "Sticky" Angoneli • Cheeks Gaywood • Columbo|