Once Buddy has defeated all 6 Warlords, Lardy Hernandez, Vega Van Dam, Mr. Beautiful, Dice Mahone, Sindy Gallows and Big Lincoln, she will be returned to the List one last time, in order for her to face the true leader of Olathe.
Before the spoilers are displayed below, there are three endings and three epilgue dialogues you can receive.
- SWALLOW ENDING: Take the Antidote
- DESTROY ENDING: Don't let Rando go after killing Dice Mahone and Sindy Gallows and don't take the antidote
- DESTROY ENDING 2: Let Rando go after killing Dice Mahone and Sindy Gallows and don't take the antidote
Once the ENDING has been shown, a final EPILOGUE will be shown. The three epilogues are accessed as follows:
- NORMAL EPILOGUE: Do not see Brad's hallucination below and do not visit the Joy Lab
- LISA EPILOGUE: Do not see Brad's hallucination below and visit the Joy Lab. Overrides the NORMAL ENDING
- MARTY EPILOGUE: See Brad's hallucination below while the Joy Mask is worn. Overrides LISA EPILOGUE.
Ending WalkthroughEditArea 1 Crossroads and Area 2 Crossroads where Rando fell and interact with the hallucination of Brad. NOTE: You must have dealt less than 2000 damage at the start of the game against Joy Mutant Brad and let the 8 turns of the fight continue automatically as well as wearing the Joy Mask.
Dr. Yado, impressed that Buddy has not yet turned into a Joy Mutant. He continues to play his trumpet, ordering Sweetheart to attack.
Buzzo breaks up the fight and defends her from Sweetheart. He rushes her on to Yado to fight it himself.
- "Good luck sis"
- ―Hallucination of Rando
Buddy will black out and have a flashback of herself and Brad -- of Brad promising that she will be able to go out for the first time. Upon a sea of blood and flowers, is Brad, covered in scars as he was at the end of PAINFUL, with flowers in place of the arrows. A man that she hates and sees as a failure -- yet the man that loved and protected her.
- "Buddy. Yep, Buddy. That was the best I could come up with. Well, it's simple. You're my little Buddy. I always called you that when you were a baby. I guess it just stuck. Brad and Buddy. It sounds good to me. "
- "Stop. Don't call me that. I don't like it. My name is brad, okay? Call me Brad... "
- "What? A boy named Dusty? Who told you that? What did I tell you about asking questions you idiot. Don't you dare go near your uncles again you hear me? I have no son, never did. "
- "You have to know this Buddy. I was completely lost before I found you. You made me feel things I'd never felt before... You showed me what love really is. And that's why when I look into your eyes, it's the scariest feeling in the world. It's why I buried myself so deep into the darkness. But, I promise you, I tried so hard to fight it. I tried. And no matter what, I really did love you with all my heart. I'm so sorry I failed you, Buddy. I miss you so much."
Upon approaching Yado, Buddy demands him to answer her questions regrading what is going on. Yado refuses. Buddy threatens him further. Yado reveals his name to her, and claims that he is a man of science -- a man of 'Higher power'. That this is 'his world' and that Buddy is his pawn. He reveals that Buddy has been 'engineered' by him, and that he is her 'father', that she must obey him. This may mean biological father, but most likely means she is an experiment. Suddenly, a sword comes flying from the side and strike Yado, fatally striking him.
Lisa had on him after her death. He tried to blame everyone but himself. He tells Buddy Yado was never her father, and it was Brad who protected her the most. He makes sure Buddy has the antidote and calls to Lisa that he 'did it'. He transforms into a Joy Mutant, consumed by the despair. This possibly means that towards the end of JOYFUL, in his despair, he has taken Joy to try and cope with himself.
- " Lisa.. I love you. I love you. I love you. Liiiiisa. Help me.
- ― Buzzo mutating
The Join Them ending has two variants, interestingly. Buddy can possibly be seen holding the Baby at the end of the Join Them ending, if Buddy drops Rando and kills Bolo herself after defeating Dice Mahone and Sindy Gallows. It is not currently known what this would imply, as it would make more sense for the baby to be there if Bolo has 'his way' with her whilst holding Rando, as opposed to the other way round. It is also strange that the Baby appears in both endings and is only not shown if Bolo is killed differently as the baby is in the Leave Them ending regardless. It would best be explained by "Dale", from the early part of the story, was killed after Buddy was tied up and no one said what he did to her to for that punishment. It's only implied.
|Buddy, if Buddy holds onto Rando and Bolo is killed by Sweetheart.||Buddy, if Rando is dropped and Bolo is killed by her.|
Obtained by not visiting the Joy Lab and not seeing Brad's hallucination.
Unknown person: This wasn't the plan. I won't let you do this.
Yado: You think you have a say in this?
Unknown person: She's mine, too!
Yado: She's meant for this...
Unknown person: How can you say that?
Yado: I... Am the creator.
Unknown person: What are you talking about?
Yado: With her... I will rule this land.
Unknown person: ... What? What about me?
Yado: You were just a host... I've made her strong... Resilient... Determined...
Unknown person: ... And she is to be your queen?
Yado: Don't be stupid... I created this world, and I will rule it. Alone. She'll spark a war... And anyone left alive will be sorted out by my children. Including her. It's perfect...
Unknown person: You're disgusting.
Yado: And you... You're just a used up bag of flesh... You're not needed anymore, darling.
Obtained by visiting the Joy Lab and not seeing Brad's hallucination. Overrides the NORMAL EPILOGUE:
Lisa: Did you bring it?
Bernard: Yeah. I found it in my dad's garage.
Bernard: Now what?
Lisa: Use it.
Lisa: Yeah, use it.
Lisa: ... Cut its paw off.
Bernard: What? Nn... No. I can't do that.
Lisa: What do you mean?
Bernard: Well... Haven't we done enough? It's so helpless.
Lisa: Do you like me?
Bernard: Of course.
Lisa: Then do it. Do you love me?
Lisa: Then do it... And I'll love you back.
[Flash to red] Lisa: Wow... Is it still alive?
Bernard: ... Yeah.
Lisa: Good. That was good. I think you're ready.
Bernard: ... For what?
Lisa: Cut me.
Lisa: Do it.
Bernard: I can't. No, please no.
Lisa: But, I love you. I need this...
Bernard: I-I can't.
Lisa: This way, he won't want me anymore. Please... Do it. I need this. Only you can save me.
Obtained by seeing Brad's hallucination. Overrides the NORMAL EPILOGUE:
Marty: So you wanna be a man. Be tough... Sick of getting your ass kicked. Well, you don't need all that Karate shit your grandad did. It's worthless. Here, boy. I said, here.
Marty: Take it!
Brad: ... I don't want it.
Marty: Do as you're told!
[Drinking of alcohol]
Marty: There ya go... Finish it. That's right. Now then. Let's go see your sister...
- The Marty Epilogue is the only mention of Marty in the entirety of LISA: THE JOYFUL.
- There's some speculation that the unidentified person in the Normal Epilogue is Mrs. Yado, the corpse of the woman in LISA: THE PAINFUL's Joy Lab.
Area 2 Crossroads • Roulette • Construction • Body Path • Muscle Cave • Bob's Dojo • Muddy Waters • The Beehive • Fishman Town • Skull Town • Nice Homes • Joy Lab • Wallys • Garbage Island • Resort Island • Dismal Island • Area 2/3 Transition